Research at Cal Sinus
Our research efforts are directed towards better understanding of the causes and treatments of sinus disorders. We are always working to develop safer and more effective treatment options for our patients. We are known to work closely with new technologies and medical device companies (and their engineers) during their development and initial implementation phases. We are also interested in elucidating the underlying etiology of chronic rhinosinusitis and developing treatments for the safer management of patients with chronic rhinosinusitis and other nasal / sinus problems.
Rhinology & Skull Base Surgery Fellowship Program
The Rhinology & Skull Base Surgery Fellowship program at the California Sinus Centers is no longer offered. This program had a long tradition of producing surgeons who are leaders in the field of rhinology.
Past Directors: Winston C. Vaughan, M.D. and Karen J. Fong, M.D.
- Jessica Southwood, MD. Medical College of Wisconsin
- Andrew Tomlinson, M.D. San Francisco Otolaryngology, SF and Marin, CA
- Patrick Stevens, M.D. ENT Associates of New Hampshire
- Michael Purkey, M.D. San Jose, CA
- Darshni Vira, M.D. The Kaiser Permanente Medical Group, South San Francisco, CA
- Nadeem Akbar, M.D. Albert Einstein Medical Center, Bronx, NY
- David Clark, M.D. Scott & White Medical Center, Temple, TX
- Alex Stewart, M.D. The Kaiser Permanente Medical Group, San Diego, California.
- Roy Thomas, M.D., M.A.J., M.C., Brooke Army Medical Center, WA
- Manish Khanna, M.D. Sinus Institute of Northern Virginia, Alexandria, VA
- Ryan Rehl, M.D. Arizona Sinus Center, Phoenix, AZ
- Rhoda Wynn, M.D., The Kaiser Permanente Medical Group, Redwood City, CA
- Ed Hepworth, M.D., Denver, CO
- Ankit Patel, M.D., ENT Surgical Consultants, Joliet, IL
- Alexander Chiu, M.D. University of Kansas Otolaryngology, KS
- Christopher Church, M.D. Loma Linda University Sinus Center, Loma Linda, CA
- Several other fellows, residents and medical students were also trained when Drs. Fong and Vaughan were practicing at University Medical Centers.
We no longer offer one year fellowships via the ARS. We only offer mini-fellowships of less than a month to few selected ENT’s.
At Cal Sinus – we offer mini-fellowships for practicing ENT surgeons with all levels of experience, who are interested in advancing sinus care in their local communities.
For more information please contact:
Winston C. Vaughan, M.D.
3351 El Camino Real, Suite 200
Atherton, CA 94027