Services and Conditions
Sinusitis is infection or inflammation of the paranasal sinuses (often just referred to as “sinuses”), which are air-filled spaces that surround the nasal cavity. Common symptoms of sinusitis include nasal congestion, nasal drainage, facial pressure or fullness, and a decreased sense of smell.
Nasal Polyps & Allergies
Nasal polyps are watery-appearing swellings that arise from the lining of the nasal and sinus cavities. They are found more commonly in patients with allergies, chronic sinusitis, and asthma.
Nasal & Sinus Surgery
Nasal and/or sinus surgery may be indicated for treatment of a variety of common conditions that we see at the California Sinus Centers.
Sinus Tumors & CSF Leaks
Tumors within the nasal or sinus cavities can be benign (not cancer) or malignant (cancer). Their treatment varies greatly based on type of tumor, location and size.
A tear in the brain lining (called the dura) and the bone separating the sinuses from the brain can result in a drainage of fluid called cerebrospinal fluid or CSF. A CSF leak can occur from many different sources.
In Office Technology
At the California Sinus Centers we incorporate technology into our practice to ensure the highest degree of patient safety and treatment success. Click here for more information
alloon Sinuplasty™ technology is a FDA-cleared, endoscopic, catheter-based system for patients suffering from sinusitis. Often it is used in cases of early sinusitis – before polyps have developed and in the office setting. It is used in the OR in a few cases where the anatomy is very narrow.
Conditions and Treatments
While our practice is primarily restricted to disorders of the nose and sinuses we do treat some other non-surgical ENT conditions.
Conditions We Treat
- Allergic Fungal Sinusitis
- Bacterial Infections
- Choanal Atresia Sinonasal
- CSF – Brain Fluid Leaks
- Deviated Nasal Septum
- Disease of the Sinuses & Nose Sinusitis
- Encephaloceles/Brain Herniation
- Graves Disease
- Nasal Turbinates
- Nasal Polyps & Allergies
- Nasal Obstruction
- Post Nasal Drip
- Sinonasal Trauma
- Sinus Headaches
- Sinus Pain
- Smell/Taste Problems
- Stuffy Nose
- Thyroid Eye Disease
- General ENT (Otolaryngology)
- Orbital Surgery
- Advanced Endoscopic Techniques
- Office Based Nasal Endoscopy & Laryngoscopy
- Balloon Sinuplasty
- Orbital Decompression/Grave’s Disease/Sinus Induced Eye Infections
- CSF Leak Repair
- Prevention of increased Antibiotic drug resistance by use of cultures to select treatment
- Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery (FESS)
- Revision Cases
- Graves Disease Treatment
- Sinus Surgery
- Tear Duct Surgery/Endoscopic DCR/Watery Eyes – Epiphora
- Management of TED – Thyroid Eye Disease
- Image Guided Surgical Navigation
- Sinus CT